- **Taxes are excluded as they constantly change and are controlled by the govt and by ACSA. Taxes are the SAME FOR ALL TRAVEL COMPANIES and are currently approximately R3200.00 per person.
Please check any quotes you may get from other agents for:
- Taxes that have been marked up so that they can make there actual package price look less
- Taxes that have been marked down and that amount moved onto the package price
- *** Please note that all prices are based on the lowest fares which the airlines offer.
When you request a quote, the consultant will check to see what is available and quote on the best available price.
- Packages are capacity controlled and thus subject to availability at the time the booking form is processed
- Prices exclude all services not mentioned in the inclusions, as well as any meals & drinks that are not specified.
- Passport & visa costs (where applicable), your travel insurance and any items of a personal nature are not included.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to airfare increases and currency fluctuations.
- Prices valid for SADC residents only - another rate can be given for non-SA residents
- Advance purchase, peak season surcharges, block out periods and minimum night stay conditions may apply.
- Rebooking and cancellations fees as per our terms and conditions will apply
- All prices are per person sharing unless otherwise specified.
- KDR Travel and Tours Standard terms and conditions apply.
DAY ONE (18 KM)
Natureways Safaris will collect you on the morning of your safari at 7:30am, in good time for a check-in at Natureways office, handing in extra luggage and valuables. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR PASSPORT ON THE RIVER. There will be a short briefing to summarise what the safari entails and questions may be asked. Guests will be required to sign an indemnity form before leaving on the safari. After the briefing, a visit to the shops will be made, purchasing any extra drinks wanted for the trip before setting off for the river. Please note that credit cards are not a recommended payment option in Zimbabwe. Transfers are by open 4x4 vehicles to Chirundu, arriving at approximately 11:30am, at which time the canoes and kit will be unloaded. Following this, a safety talk and demonstration of how to paddle a canoe will be given. A packed lunch will be taken on the river. At approximately 5pm camp is set up on an island named Kakomarara, there is time to relax and, after a brief safety talk on camping, have dinner.
DAY TWO (27 KM)
Up at sunrise for tea, coffee and biscuits before paddling for a couple of hours to the breakfast stop. Afterwards, canoeing will resume until midday and a well-earned lunch & siesta, time to catch up on reference books until mid afternoon (depending on the weather). Canoeing will continue until approximately 5pm when camp will be set up on Lone Acacia Island.
DAY THREE (23 KM)
The programme is as per day two. With the night's camp stop on Trichelia Island.
DAY FOUR (7 KM)
This morning you will have a more leisurely start with the usual tea, coffee and biscuits. After breakfast, camp is broken. Setting off at approximately 8am, the group will arrive at Mana Pools at 10am where the canoes and equipment will be loaded on to the vehicle for the return trip to Kariba. Arrival time in Kariba is approximately 3pm. As you depart with your memories, we know that this experience will have enriched your life and touched your soul!